Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and his "new twin".

I rode it for about 10 miles, through lots of twisties.
Handling is as I expected, slow and fairly predictable, considering the sheer mass of the thing.
The very low center of gravity improves the overall handling a bit.
He removed a whole bunch of saddlebags and stuff, but I bet it still weighs 750 plus......
Not what I would call smooth (like a Gold Wing), but better than old Harleys.
Massive gruntage available in any gear at any rpm, loud as hell.
There's a tractor-like bestiality to the engine that has its own appeal.

The riding position (first photo) was way too weird for me, but he likes it, so......it melted my shoe - "Harley-Heel", he called it, said that now I'll be recognized by other Harley riders.
I wonder if he'll teach me the Secret Handshake??

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Say 25 Hail Honda's and gargle with water from the Pacific Ocean (preferrably from a source north of California) and all will be forgiven.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
You'd think riding that new bike would put the same type smile on his face that you have when riding your 450.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
"You'd think riding that new bike would put the same type smile on his face that you have when riding your 450."

He's got an image to maintain. Riding a Harley is serious business. Can I also add that the only time I got a melted shoe was on my brand new CB550F?

Also, there is no secret handshake. On a Harley, everything shakes!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
fxray said:
"You'd think riding that new bike would put the same type smile on his face that you have when riding your 450."

He's got an image to maintain. Riding a Harley is serious business. Can I also add that the only time I got a melted shoe was on my brand new CB550F?

Also, there is no secret handshake. On a Harley, everything shakes!

Good one, everything shakes :lol:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
tbpmusic said:
I can't help but wonder if I could stuff that engine into a 450 frame??
Yeow.........

They call that a Buell :)

Ask me how I know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts