1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired addition to the collection - a very nice, complete, all-original,

SINGLE-OWNER '72 SL350K2 in Candy Panther Gold:

IMG_6552 3.JPG

The bike has a little over 10K on it, and is in remarkable condition overall. All original paint, with a dent-free & rust-free tank, and damage free side covers. Exhaust system is solid, with no holes or excessive rust, and the aluminum fenders are virtually pristine. The seat is in great shape as well, with no rips or tears.

Even the owner's manual and tool kit were still with the bike - I don't think either was ever used:

It had been sitting for a minimum of 10+ years, and requires a thorough cleaning and going-through:

But this one is going to be a absolute joy to refresh and rejuvenate!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd been waiting well over six years to find a nice, clean example of a K2 SL350; this one exceeded all my expectations, AND... it was LOCAL!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks like you found yourself a great bike to work with, I'm partial to the Sl350's, have fun with it.(y)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you found yourself a great bike to work with, I'm partial to the Sl350's, have fun with it.(y)
Thanks!! This was the bike that I lusted after, perusing the Honda brochure under the covers by flashlight, as a 11-year old kid!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE Score!
Thank you! Rejuvenating it piece-by-piece, and hoping to have it up and running again shortly. It's an absolute delight to have everything there, and in such nice shape.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a question: any advice on removing the carbs from the (hardened) rubber insulators? All my other 350s have CV carbs, which are mounted independently, and have always been fairly easy to cope with. These carbs, tho, because of the shared backing plate, I guess need to come off together, and aren't playing nicely...

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have the air filter and air filter tubes off you might try tilting the carbs up and down and work a little lubricant into the insulators, then just keep flexing them back and forth. Mine were on pretty tight and this worked for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have the air filter and air filter tubes off you might try tilting the carbs up and down and work a little lubricant into the insulators, then just keep flexing them back and forth. Mine were on pretty tight and this worked for me.
Worked like a charm - THANKS!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations, it’s a great feeling, mine is same colour and almost in as good of shape. But, you’ve gone past me at 100 mph with that chrome plastic trim on the seat still intact, I couldn’t save mine and I e never found a replacement. Don’t wear your eyes out looking at it.😂😂

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations, it’s a great feeling, mine is same colour and almost in as good of shape. But, you’ve gone past me at 100 mph with that chrome plastic trim on the seat still intact, I couldn’t save mine and I e never found a replacement. Don’t wear your eyes out looking at it.😂😂
The seat trim is a little worn, but not bad! I know a while back, I saw a source for replacements - if I can dig it up, I'll post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts