Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 76 CB200T that I've been messing with for a couple weeks, took a while to get the engine free'd up but I got it moving. After that I decided to pull the otor and give it a good cleaning and freshen it up w some new gaskets, I've gotten it all torn down now and I have a couple questions, is there a gasket or some kind of sealer that goes between the upper and lower halves of the case? It appeared there was some sort of gold ribbon like sealer when I split the case, and Is there a place that offers a screw set for the engine? I mean replacement screws for the case, and cover pieces, I had to drill the heads off of some of mine to get them apart it seems the p.o. used the wrong size phillips head.
here are some pics to show my progress...

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
It most likely uses Hondabond HT, but I'm not 100% sure. A little more expensive than some others but it's what Honda makes and recommends. As for screws and bolts, I've used Bikebandit. It's a little bit expensive but I've never had a problem with them.

I've got a couple questions for you. What'd you use to clean your cases and cylinders? I'm pulling my motor to replace rings this winter. Thanks.

·
Registered
1971 SL350 K1
51 Posts
The Honda dealer should be able to supply all of the screws . Hondabond should be correct for the cases I believe. I'm not sure what to clean the cases with. I use rubbing compound or if I want it to be pretty then I use the buffer to polish them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
Yes the main gearbox/crank case should have a bead of honda bond or threebond, both very good products.
Engine and cover bolts can easily be ordered on ebay and cut down to the correct size. Think most of them are M8 and M6 of various lengths. Don't go throwing money away paying for exacting pre packed screws, just get busy with the hacksaw and file.

Regards Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts