Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Just purchased a 1973 CB450 with 3500 miles. Ive been riding for about 13 years and live in Edmond, Ok. Ive always had new bikes and decided to go old school. I fell in love with the style of the 70's hondas when I started looking. Ive already ordered a new seat to swap out that funky looking one that someone put on, and im currently searching for a front fender. IMG_0733.JPG

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations on your decision to go back to the mostly stock, decaf look.
Cheers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sharp bike...except that seat lol Glad to hear you've got a replacement on tap. It's funny how much difference there is between individual tastes; to me, that seat looks comically large. To the person who put it there, it looks so damn cool!

Welcome to the forum and to the world of old motorcycles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sharp bike...except that seat lol Glad to hear you've got a replacement on tap. It's funny how much difference there is between individual tastes; to me, that seat looks comically large. To the person who put it there, it looks so damn cool!

Welcome to the forum and to the world of old motorcycles.
Lol I know man. That seat is ridiculous.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm glad to see someone adding a front fender to a bike. It's usually the other way around. I agree with replacing that seat. It looks like it is about to give birth.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Someone went old school CL on the tank and paint job, and it looks good... but that seat, yeah it's gotta go. And yes, it is always good to see another vintage Honda not chopped up and later sold on Craigslist because they couldn't finish the heinous act they started. Plenty of DOHC 450 help available here when you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts