Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new to the forum but have been utilizing it since I picked up my CB200T last September. The title says '73 but it was built out at a shop in 2013 and from what I'm finding it's closest to the '75. Wasn't running when I got her, but did her her going this week. Having an issue with the engine revving way up when she starts.

It's been days of forums and tinkering and I haven't solved it. She starts up, then revs way up. When the choke is closed the RPMs start to settle but as soon as I give it throttle, she dies. From taking apart the carbs, I can clearly see that the right slide is not coming down all the way. The slides are inserted properly (I know inserting them with the groove on the wrong side can cause this issue) but the right one seems like it is held up because there is not enough length of throttle cable for it to release down. Can't figure out how to give more slack to the length of cable that runs from the cap of the carb through the slide.

I noticed someone on a thread called out that an intro post should come before any queries, so putting this here.

Thank you all for the past advice and hope this has been proper etiquette.

All my best,
Johnny-Sabrina

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Terminology: The choke is "closed" when the butterfly is rotated so as to "close off" the air coming into the carb for cold starts. In the normal running position the choke is "open". When properly adjusted one of the functions of the choke linkage is to raise the idle rpm. Not familiar with your specific carbs but it may be that the fast idle linkage is improperly adjusted. Also possible that your cables are not allowing one or both slides to close completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts