Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So technically it is still a twin, but not parallel twin. I picked this bike up off of my boss, who hasnt ran it in 8 years. It is a 98 VTR1000F, that has had the street fighter treatment, so no fairings, single round headlight, and some renthal bars. Not my first choice in style, but the price was right and it was another project that I could spend some time on. Need to clean out he carbs and tank, get a new battery, and replace all the fluids. Shouldn't be too bad to get back on the road. Not planning on getting rid of my CM400 anytime soon, but I did want a bit bigger bike to go on some longer cruises. Here they are together:

IMG_20180609_132711.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is that VTR1000F just another name for the RVT1000, aka: RC51? That sideways radiator setup makes me think that it's the same animal. Looks kinda funky with no fairings, but sweet project nonetheless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Sorry to necro this thread, I just stumbled across it and the RC51 happens to be one of my dream bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Also known as the 'VTR1000 Firestorm' in the UK and rest of the world, except the US.

Always seemed to me to be an unfortunate choice of name, given what happened to Tokyo in WW2, which might account for name change for US market.

Reactions: DieselKrampus
1 - 4 of 4 Posts