Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New guy here with a new to me old bike. Picked up a 1973 CL450K5 on Craigslist for a few clams. Carbs and gas tank were off it when I
looked at it, but was complete and cheap enough to take a gamble. :D Cleaned the carbs, put it back together with a nos petcock and new battery and it fired right up :D 6500 miles on it, good spark and compression ( with a compression gauge ). Took for inspection
yesterday, passed no problem. I get the sticker on it, all is good. Then I go to start the bike, previous owner wired a toggle switch under the seat to start. Anyhow, it was it gear DOH!, lurched forward, fell over in the garage parking lot and broke the end off the the clutch lever and bent the shift lever. :(
Oh well, coulda been worse.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
That's what the neutral light is for.... (I've done it myself)....LOL.... Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Post pictures asap.

Neutral lights are nice, it's been a while since it happened to me. My old Farmall Super C tractor didn't have a neutral light and that's when I really got in the habit of making sure I left all machinery in neutral when I turn engines off cause it's never a good suprise.

Welcome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for welcoming me.
Yes, I've learned my lesson on making sure its' in neutral before starting. Also started the BRC last evening and learned the FINE-C starting steps. I'll post some pics as soon as I have a chance, which probably won't be until the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts