Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided that I needed to start a rebuild thread to motivate myself to keep working on this bike. Basically I'm just looking for a daily rider at this point but since I've only got about a month of decent riding weather to go, I think that I'll have all winter to work on her.
[attachment=0:12jtwjnp]CB200.jpg[/attachment:12jtwjnp]
She's got a good title, she runs (mostly) and seems to be mostly road-worthy... except for the electricals. Only one rear signal lights up and even that one won't blink. Just stays lit. After looking at the mess under the seat I'm a little anxious.
There's also a (hopefully) minor issue with the running of this bike which I'm hoping is going to be cleared up with a simple carb clean this weekend.

Thanks and hopefully I'll have more to report after the weekend.

JoeN

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
JoeN... A weak or bad battery can cause the blinker to stay on....the other side is likely a bad bulb.... Since the bike runs (sort-of) when revved, the good news is the charging system works....it just needs a good battery to charge....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So replace the battery? Even if it seems to be starting alright?
On another note: I pulled the carbs out today to see if I had a stuck float or something that was giving me the stalling/idle problem. Everything seemed to be fine (though how would I know). The jets were clear. The floats seemed to move alright. Not really sure what the trouble is. It got too dark by the time I got cleaned up, but hopefully i can get back sometime early this week and try to get it started. Not sure what else it could be if I still get the same trouble after this.
I also pulled the headlight outta the bucket to see what kind of mess I was dealing with wiring-wise. Wow! Quite a mess. Apparently the previous owner's idea of wiring is to loop the wire around the stud and leave it at that. I've got lots of photos to show off once I get them uploaded.
Well, I guess that's all the update I have for now. Pics soon.

Thanks,

JoeN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts