Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cb450 ebay.jpg Cb 450 intake.jpg Cb 450 seal 3.jpg Cb450 seal.jpg It's been a while since I posted. I ck the site often but anything I had to contribute... has already been addressed.
I recently picked up a 75' ... turns over.. in pretty good nick.. has sat for a few years. Why I got it.. don't know.. didn't even get a good deal..$1800.oo.
A buddy pick'd up a 73' 450... sat for years outside.... the photo of the intake gives you a idea as to why ... " no turn over ". Pulled the engine... pop'd the head... piston stuck.... soaked with Marvel for a few days.... got the cylinders off... block of wood against the piston... light taps with a hammer.... measured the bore.. excellent... removed the one stuck ring .. piston grooves no issues.. so he went with standard rings and a light hone. Pulled head apart.. was surprised at how well it cleaned up and just needed valve lapping.
I rode my 68' Cb450P to the weekly Saturday morn'n BS session.. parked the bike.. and EEEEeeeek !
I checked and add'd a bit of oil and rode it to my shop. I envisioned a bad shift seal.... but it was a clutch push rod seal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That clutch seal really can leak a lot when the rubber is old and hard. Fairly easy to replace.
Overall it looks to be very complete and in decent shape. A nice find. Your fuel cap looks unlatched.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the bike in daylight yesterday for the first time. It was delivered by the seller... to my buddies garage. It was dark.. and because I took a spill a week prior.. my ribs are not in any condition to ... do anything. It was very dirty.. has sat for years.. a dent in the tank.. the exhaust.. excellent condition... I had thought of... flux Black Bomber... or as the fellow in England.. a Sl450. But.. if it cleans up nicely.. runs well... it's too nice to change. Even has the tool kit. SL 450.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts