Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how I got it and it has good bones. Bought it from a grad student that had it for a few months and said he was moving but feel he did not know how to work on it. Got it for $600. So far I reinstalled the front axle correctly, brakes work ok now, installed the right side jet that was laying in the bowl and balanced the carbs by "feel" and now runs great, changed oil to get the gas out from the poor carb set up. When I first rode it the right cylinder was barely warming the pipe when the left was hot, I thought it may have been low compression but dodged a bullet. Very nice balance in heat and pressure from the exhaust so it's close enough for now. The shifter shaft was heavily leaking oil, somehow the seal was loose and just reinserted. I have a new set of seals that just arrived and I will replace the clutch rod and shifter seal tomorrow. The starter works some of the time but I like kick starting it anyway. I found one on Ebay for $19 and will address that at some point.

Now the hard part. I want to start cutting and removing to go for more of a cafe look but I really like the way it is now!! I am torn! I love the stuff the Benjie sells is very appealing. I will wait and see what happens. I might have to figure a away to do a bolt on/off look for the time being.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have to agree with you on liking the way your bike looks too. I wouldn't touch it unless it was to ride it and find another bike to modify. You can't have just one vintage bike anyway. It is a law. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that is the answer, get another one in rougher condition and take the blue wrench to it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts