Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya, Gang.

Just brought home a true survivor. 1974 CB450 with 11,800 miles on it. All parts and pieces accounted for, and no major dings or rot. Running for the last few years for sure, but thankfully the previous owner left the protective oily haze on everything. A few quick test rubs and most of the chrome and paint comes up better than a 5 year old "new" bike (they really are chinzy with the chrome nowadays - especially on those Triumphs!). Previous owner (70+ years old had to sell for health reasons) put new tires/tubes on it, battery, had the carbs checked and synced, and a few other small items done to it. Everything works!

Plan is to give it a scrub but keep it in its same condition externally while going through and refreshing it mechanically (but keeping it original; yay-points!).

I'm 45 now, and have had a motorbike most of the years from when I was 6 onward. I worked for 15 years growing up as a small aircraft mechanic so with the help of everyone on the board, I should be able to find my way around the bike alright.

Cheers!
IMG_4363.jpg

I also have this "double twin" (V-Four) 1990 VFR750
VFR-4.jpg

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice find.

I lived in Bronte for a few years back in the 60's.
Came back to Windsor in 68.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I’m not sure about the Friday night scene these days - my Friday night party days are behind me! We eat upstairs at the Water Street Cooker from time to time. The lakeshore and downtown have transformed in the last 5-10 years. Many big, tall condo/apartment buildings now. We moved just outside of town up on the escarpment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts