Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm on my 5th 70's Honda and it's a true project bike; 1971 CB450 basket case. It's all there, but rough and in need of some repairs. I bought it so my teenage daughter and I can restore it together because she's interested in becoming an engineer. I'm hoping to learn from fellow forum members, as my mechanical experience has been limited to the CB550. I'm finding that parts are a little more scarce for these early 450 bikes, but that's the 'fun' part.
Thanks for reading and please say hi, especially if you're in Southern California

Will

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome It sounds like a fun project, any pictures?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice bike yes indeed to restore. Got any pics of it? Welcome to the board. I've found an abundance of information on here thats been put to use.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome! I, too, have a 550. Don't know much about the DOHC 450's but logging in. Hope the rest goes well.

remember, these are simple machines. Good looking starting point.

Reactions: b5rider

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks like a solid foundation. Love the black duct tape on the seat, we've all been there.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
That is NOT a basket case, a basket case comes in a box. Great looking bike that just needs going through to make sure it is safe.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Love the 450's
Good luck and welcome aboard

Reactions: b5rider

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yep, not a "basket case" but a survivor. Man, that's some serious fade on the top of the tank and headlight case, right down to the silver base coat. We'll be watching your progress, and there are a few differences in advice overall for the DOHC 450 as to the engine so when in doubt, ask

·
Registered
725 Posts
That's a pretty nice survivor. It looks from the pictures that most of the paint and chrome will buff up nicely, some new suspension parts and nice rubber it'll be a great bike for her. A web strap for the carrier and it's ready for the beach. I discourage kids from riding with backpacks, you don't need a bunch of hard, odd shapes pressing on your spine as you tumble down the pavement....God forbid it ever happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts