Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished getting my bike together from full rebuild / Cafe build. Fresh rebuild on the motor with 1mm over pistions and 34mm Mikuni VM carbs. I have been working on tuning the bike. I currently have open headers and dont know if this is an issue. I like the look and the sound. The bike surges when accelerating. I had a 130 MJ and after i moved up a couple times to the 140 it runs much better but still not right. I checked the plugs and moved up to a 145 MJ but that made the bike run worse. When i get home tonight im going to double check the timing and the carb sync
New coils and condenser.
Set point gap and valve lash
Checked compression and set the timing.
Uni foam filters
Current carb config
MJ 140
PJ 27.5
AJ 2.0
Slide 2.5
NJ P4
N 6DH2
Clip on the needle is set to second one down
AJ screw is about 1.75 turns out
Bike ideals around 1200rpm

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Firstly, welcome aboard Whateveryernameis! ;) I for one, am always glad to see another 450 owner join up...

We don't currently have a "lot" of solid jetting information on this site concerning Mikuni carbs on the 450. I have the same setup as you but have yet to dial it in perfectly. Now my bike is completely torn down so... There are a few posts here from others about the jetting though, so maybe you'll get some help from them. Try searching the 450 section..

As for the straight pipes, you may never get adequate performance from running them. The general concensus says that the 450 likes some exhaust backpressure..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wounder if i weld some washers in the end of the headers if that would suffice. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts