Honda Twins banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I'm Melissa from Alabama.
My family has lived on our property since 1923. Lately I have been trying to go through things here while my grandmother is still here to tell me what's important. The family owns close to 100 acres.
In the very back corner of our pasture, I found this Honda CL350 Scrambler hidden under years of saw briar growth. I am unable to read the VIN due to rust. I will try to get some rust off soon and hopefully be able to read it.
My grandmother says she really doesn't remember where it came from. (She is 82) It is not in the best condition, as you can see.
Could anyone possibly tell me a year model? From what I have seen online, I'm guessing 1971?
We would be interested in selling the bike, but would like to get more info about it. Motorcycles are something I know very little about. I can take better pictures if needed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please excuse the messy shed. It has been the catch all for things as we go through older storage buildings.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It's been ages, look on engine left side by that grey cable...

Also look on engines finned area, the middle bit, at the rear, for a cc....

Wish your grandma well for me, there will be some treasures in there, watch out for the "vultures"....

If you come across any Cox model engines or aeroplanes, please let me know...any condition, even broken ones.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Visit Cox Engine Forum so you know what they look like.

Even broken cox models have a value, probably worth more than you think.

Please don't bin any Cox stuff, even dirty incomplete broken ones.

If you have a box pt19, wow !!!!

One day I will find one.....in my dreams probably lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Look at the carbs and name off any numbers or letter combos. Go take a paper towel soaked with a little WD-40 and wipe the E-engine numbers and add that to the list. Left side, near the cable coming out between the muffler. Follow that cable down and look for the block cast in the engine to the right.

That's blue headlight ears, bucket, and red tank. Who changed whom? Any side covers around? Crashed at one time? Granma should know. Probably yelled, 'I told you those things are dangerous, but did you listen?'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... I can't read the id number. I attached pictures if someone has better eyes than me. But it's 325cc and from what I have read that makes it a 1971 k3. I think anyway.
The carburetor is a KeiHin Japan.
Tail light is Stanley HM-11RC.
Most everything else I can't find anything stamped or it's rusted.
Food Fish Wood Trunk Cuisine

Brown Water Automotive tire Wood Road surface

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The gas tank is from a K5 or 1973 CL350.
Front end is from q K3 or 1971 model or earlier. First number after the CL350 looks to be a 3 so a K3 model.
Engine serial number is on shifter side stamped into engine case. It will not match the bike serial number. It can also be identified by model number same as VIN.
You are looking at a parts bike, values vary in different parts of the country/world. In Alabama I would suggest you won't see very much money from it .... especially without title etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never expected it to be a gold mine lol. I just prefer to know a little about what I'm trying to sell to someone. It's in rough shape so I expected to only get $500 max when I found it. Things left in the weather don't hold up well. 😔

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
$500 .... well one can hope but realistically if you see $100 for it I would be surprised.

As you said things left outside for years don't fare well and given the number of non original/ modified parts it is very low value.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Melissa, glad you got info on this bike. Do not attempt to "kick it over" via the kick start it anything else. It's been standing for years. A viable engine can be converted to scrap with one kick. If your moving it make sure it's not in gear or remove the chain. The chain may be solid so cut it off even.

This is a picture of a COX 049 model airplane engine. They must have made a billion of them over the years. They are still very sought after even locked solid and covered in muck.

The 09, 020 and the tiny 010 look very much like this one apart from a less tall alloy glow head. The red bit is the fuel tank, some just have a plastic end plate with the screw needle.

The COX 015 is very sought after and much more valuable. See eBay for some guidance.

COX plastic model flying control line planes are valuable particularly the stuka. They will have COX written on them, usually underneath the wing.

See Cox Engine Forum.

Cox made other stuff like chainsaws and I think snowmobiles etc..

I bet there's a model t somewhere as well as Johnson workhorse gen set stationery engines and the odd old tractor.

Hope you get lots of monies for the farm and grandma.

It's nearly time so have a good thanks giving, a very merry Xmas and a brill new year.

Gas Cable Wire Auto part Plumbing

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Ps the Cox 015 is very different.

Any model engine that looks similar ish, fins, shaft and nut at the front and diesel ones with a T screw at the top, or a small spark plug, are all valuable.

Cox did model cars and lots of other models....

Kits can be even more valuable....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts