Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i have just recently bought a set new new switches for my 74 honda cb360. I was able to wire up the left side switch no problem but this new right switch is just confusing the **** out of me. I did draw up a diagram off the web site where i bought them. Can anybody help me out or has anybody used these switches on their cb360 let me know i will post some pictures of the diagram and the switch thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The switches are kawell universal switches. I am about to pull my hair out if i cant figure this out soon.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Where did the instructions come from? Based on the descriptions, I think we're going to need to do a little more investigation.

You're going to want to grab your multimeter and set it to read continuity (or 200Ω if you don't have a continuity setting).

Pick one of the control functions (any will do) and set the switch or button to the on position.

Now, read between every combination of wire and you're looking for the combination that gets you a really low resistance value (under 1Ω). Once you find a combination, turn the switch or button to the off position and measure again. You should get an Open Line reading. Now set those two wires aside and choose a different switch or button on the control. Repeat until you know which wires goes with which button or switch.

You may end up with a couple of wires that get activated by multiple buttons (this is especially common for headlight wires and starter buttons because some controls will cut the headlight when you press the start button).

If you get stuck, let me know and we'll work through the odd balls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts