Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the bike this morning. Transaction was really smooth and the bike is AMAZING! One thing that bugged me on the ride home was the position of the hazard lights. About 3 times on the ride home I put those on instead of the turn signals! Otherwise the bike has a lotta zing and pep. I can't wait to take her on some nice trips!





On this bike the LCD clock is ALWAYS on. That really freaked me out at first!



Think this is enough bikes in the garage?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
A great bike! I hope to get one in a year or so. Too bad Honda doesn't have something comaprable!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
seanmalcolmson said:
A great bike! I hope to get one in a year or so. Too bad Honda doesn't have something comaprable!
They use to have a Transalp and I think you can still find them used.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Within 2 hours of having the bike, the mailman stopped by with my tail tank from Sears.com (What a steal compared to Givi cases). I ripped off the super lame iron cross sticker and mounted it up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
They use to have a Transalp and I think you can still find them used.
.

I had never heard of it, so I looked it up. Nice looking bike. Never been available in Canada fro some reason :cry:

Get yourself one of these Sean: http://members.fortunecity.com/roadrash ... xrv750.jpg
GB, I couldn't open this link. Loved to see what it was.

The one problem with the VStrom is my 30" inseam. Would need it lowered. The back bucket looks good on it though.

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
It was supposed to be a picture of a Honda XRV750. Although with a 30" inseam, you wouldn't be riding one I figure.


GB :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
It was supposed to be a picture of a Honda XRV750. Although with a 30" inseam, you wouldn't be riding one I figure.
Ahhh, yes. The Africa Twin... Another bike I just found out about because it isn't available in Canada. There are so many bikes for so many markets... Too bad they all aren't available everywhere!

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
BTW, Krukster... I think you need another bike to have an even half dozen!

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
seanmalcolmson said:
A great bike! I hope to get one in a year or so. Too bad Honda doesn't have something comaprable!
The Kawasaki Versys would make a nice dual-sport/Adventure bike. Ground clearance isn't what it should be for such adventure beyond smooth trails though.


At the other end of the spectrum would be the ultimate, a BMW f800GS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
The Kawasaki Versys would make a nice dual-sport/Adventure bike. Ground clearance isn't what it should be for such adventure beyond smooth trails though
A friend has one and loves it. It is his first bike, though, and already feels a need to move up!

At the other end of the spectrum would be the ultimate, a BMW f800GS
My brother-in-law, who has more money than God, has the BMW R1150GS, He bought it because it was the one Ewan McGregor rode in Long Way Round. He loves it, but too rich for me. Plus, in the end I am a Japanese bike guy (Except for Triumph... There is always room for a Bonnie in my life...)

No matter, I like the look of this VStrom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Damn I wanted one of those but couldn't find one at a good enough deal for my cheap tastes. So I went with a KLR. I probably would have been a lot happier with the Strom, the KLR is really quirky. Now that I have my Bandit back on the road, I don't want to ride the KLR anymore.




That top case looks like almost an exact copy of a Givi case. How is the build quality?? Just kinda curious, I am not in the market to replace my Givis that have given me 6 years of service
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RicH2 said:
What's the red bike on the far right ?
That is my roommate's 2004 Honda 919. Its a naked bike that is huge in europe, but somewhat rare to see here in the states. All the way on the left is my roommate's trackbike, a Honda CBR600F3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SteelB12 said:
That top case looks like almost an exact copy of a Givi case. How is the build quality?? Just kinda curious, I am not in the market to replace my Givis that have given me 6 years of service
Yep! The build quality is good, not great. I found them as a result of someone posting a link on stromtrooper.com. Sears is selling the Large one for about $42.00!!! I was going more for affordability than quality. I was disappointed to see that it came with some silly looking "Iron Cross" sticker on top, which I peeled off immediately. It advertises that you can store 1 full face helmet in there (maybe even 2), but I have not tried that yet. It is HIGHLY recommended that you replace their low quality hardware with those from ACE hardware or your local hardware store stuff. Although it looks like the red strip in the back is a light that can link up with your brake light, it is either a reflector or just looks like a light.

If you are just looking for a cheap case to toss on your bike, this thing can't be beat :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
krukster86 said:
SteelB12 said:
That top case looks like almost an exact copy of a Givi case. How is the build quality?? Just kinda curious, I am not in the market to replace my Givis that have given me 6 years of service
Yep! The build quality is good, not great. I found them as a result of someone posting a link on stromtrooper.com. Sears is selling the Large one for about $42.00!!! I was going more for affordability than quality. I was disappointed to see that it came with some silly looking "Iron Cross" sticker on top, which I peeled off immediately. It advertises that you can store 1 full face helmet in there (maybe even 2), but I have not tried that yet. It is HIGHLY recommended that you replace their low quality hardware with those from ACE hardware or your local hardware store stuff. Although it looks like the red strip in the back is a light that can link up with your brake light, it is either a reflector or just looks like a light.

If you are just looking for a cheap case to toss on your bike, this thing can't be beat :mrgreen:
Got a link to the name or product # for sears? My Father-In-Law has been seeking a top case....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
krukster86 said:
RicH2 said:
What's the red bike on the far right ?
That is my roommate's 2004 Honda 919. Its a naked bike that is huge in europe, but somewhat rare to see here in the states. All the way on the left is my roommate's trackbike, a Honda CBR600F3

Those 919 and 599 bikes are awesome. I had considered one when getting my latest ride. I like them a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
JeyLux said:
krukster86 said:
SteelB12 said:
That top case looks like almost an exact copy of a Givi case. How is the build quality?? Just kinda curious, I am not in the market to replace my Givis that have given me 6 years of service
Yep! The build quality is good, not great. I found them as a result of someone posting a link on stromtrooper.com. Sears is selling the Large one for about $42.00!!! I was going more for affordability than quality. I was disappointed to see that it came with some silly looking "Iron Cross" sticker on top, which I peeled off immediately. It advertises that you can store 1 full face helmet in there (maybe even 2), but I have not tried that yet. It is HIGHLY recommended that you replace their low quality hardware with those from ACE hardware or your local hardware store stuff. Although it looks like the red strip in the back is a light that can link up with your brake light, it is either a reflector or just looks like a light.

If you are just looking for a cheap case to toss on your bike, this thing can't be beat :mrgreen:
Got a link to the name or product # for sears? My Father-In-Law has been seeking a top case....

Just go to Sears web site and type in motorcycle. That's what worked for me yesterday
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
479 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's the one!!!
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top