Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these are worth a try?
The strap isn't quite correct and I assume can be changed with the original and the external trim I also assume could be added?
Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks, I have just looked.
The trim does not go around the back and seems to be in one piece rather than two (three for both sides) but the basic seat looks good.
I'm tempted.....
My seat is OK, no rips. I will give the bottom a refresh and see how it comes up. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, these prices are ridiculous. I think I've paid almost the same just for a 450 seat cover. Please keep us informed in case you've ordered it and can tell us something about the quality.
Ha, ha...
That's my question 🤣
I wanted to know if anyone on here had used these people. 🤓

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
My first new bike was also a red CB175 K6, back in '73.

I bought a used seat from the States, cover damaged but solid base and foam. I rebuilt it using a new cover, quite pleased with the results. New cover didn't have the Honda logo, had to sort that out using a stencil and special PVC dye spray can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The top of my seat is ok, I've not had a real look at it yet.
Someone has had a go at painting the base, over painted the rust and through the holes onto the foam.
Once I get chance to look at properly I will make a decision on which route to take.
Your looks nice, I assume the hard part is getting it central?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
With it all stripped down, I took the seat base back to bare metal.

I didn't have any trouble getting the cover to sit centrally. Some suggest wrapping the foam in a bin liner or cling film, this didn't work for me. I just stuck the foam to the seat base with spray carpet fitting adhesive, then pulled the cover on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts