Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend's dad is a rider as well and he was really impressed by my CB360 and was interested in getting an old Honda as well. He told me the other day that he just bought a 1980's (he didn't tell me the exact year) CM400, and I was relieved to hear that it was not the Hondamatic version. We will be wrenching on it together on weekends, so I am pretty excited. From what he tells me, the bike does not rev past 2k rpms, but the owner recently applied silicone sealer on the intake boots and it runs fine now. I will post pics whenever I stop by after he picks it up.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind...looks like he is putting about $100 of work and parts into it and flipping it for profit...

·
Registered
207 Posts
krukster86 said:
My girlfriend's dad is a rider as well... we will be wrenching on it together on weekends, so I am pretty excited.
What about the future father-in-law/son-in-law male bonding? :lol:

Not a good sign that he decided to "flip it" instead of spending quality wrenching time with you! :!:

Do you care for the girl, son? :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE!

I worked with him to rebuild the carburetors, took off the old airbox and replaced with a new one (God those things are a PITA to take off!, and helped him with some re-wiring. I am also helping him out with shopping for some nice aftermarket pipes. The carburetors were so clogged that it looked like there was vegetation in the bowls and when you held up the jets to the light, it looked like the holes were covered in honey. The old air box "connection" lips were torn in places and "glued" together in other places with some sort of adhesive. I am surprised that it ran well enough before!

He is a pretty cool guy to work with and had a ton of stories about how he used to do this stuff back in Communist Poland.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
You may still be in with a chance to restore the bike with him...has he been bitten by the bug yet? :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hellz yeah he has. He was telling me stories about riding his kickstart Jawa all over the place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.