Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the nut that screws onto the tank supposed to spin freely of the petcock itself?

if i make this tight enough the switch faces the inside of the bike. :cry:

should i use silicone tape on the threads to keep it tight and sealed?

does the CL take a different petcock from the CB maybe?

this new petcock came with the bike in a honda bag with part number 16950-292-000
this is correct, according to parts fiche:
[attachment=3:xfeb3mc3]shot100829150414.jpg[/attachment:xfeb3mc3]

in addition, the fuel lines coming off it are right on the right carb throttle, is this correct?:
in the pictures below i can easily move the petcock on its threads with my fingers

[attachment=2:xfeb3mc3]fuel1.JPG[/attachment:xfeb3mc3][attachment=1:xfeb3mc3]fuel2.JPG[/attachment:xfeb3mc3][attachment=0:xfeb3mc3]fuel3.JPG[/attachment:xfeb3mc3]

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
the nut has a left and right hand thread, if you start the nut on both the petcockand the tank at the same time it will tighten toward the middle, easier to do is to put the nut partly on the petcock and then turn the petcock and nut together onto the tank until it starts tightening up then you posistion petcock where you want it to face then finish tightening nut ...cb/cl petcock is the same

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jayel!

where should the fuel lines/hose route? i'm a bit worried about how hot that carb manifold screw is gonna get right on that fuel line.

·
Registered
608 Posts
carb won't get that hot you're routed fine doesn't really matter which petcock barb you come off of

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, any need for silicone tape or other sealant? i suppose the gasket takes care of that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts