Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Jim and I just picked up a 72 CL350. This was an impulse buy as I never paid attention to them, but I saw it online and loved the look of it. In truth, I first saw a CL450 that I wasn't quick enough to look at and it sold, so I started doing research and found that 350s are a bit easier to find (I still want a 450!!)

A little background on me, I've had a few bikes in the past (TX500, Yamaha Fazer 700, Yamaha YZF600r, Honda Magna 700, Yamaha XT350 and a few dirt bikes) and I'm also into old VWs (I put together a basket case 67 Beetle over the past couple years).

Anyway, I've started digging into the CL and I'm sure I'll run into things that require assistance, as well as annoying questions that you've answered 100 times. I promise to search first!!

So far I've discovered that someone put an older tank on it (70 or 71) so I found a decent one to replace it. I'm going to go through the carbs because they puke gas and the bike runs like hell, and do the usual new owner look over (brakes, oil, new tires etc etc)

Any known trouble spots I should look into?

Alright, that's enough for now, ride safe everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You should be taking PIC's of the tear down process so you will have a reference on how it goes back together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should be taking PIC's of the tear down process so you will have a reference on how it goes back together.
Definitely! I can't imagine digging into a car or bike without my phone nearby to document what plugged into what.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts