Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
So excuse my ignorance but I have a couple of questions that are mostly parts related:

I am looking to replace my grips because mine are extremely worn down. I think the size I need to buy is 7/8" in but can someone confirm that my '81 CM400T would use 7/8" grips?

Also I don't have a right side battery cover on my bike and I have looked all over for one but had no luck. Does anyone have a good lead or spot where I could find one? I am planning on painting my bike this winter so color doesn't really matter but I just can't seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics of it to share?

Here's some good reading for you....http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/74...n/18504-basic-checklist-new-you-old-bike.html

Yes, they are indeed 7/8" bars.

The right side cover seems to disappear on highways. Look in the 'parts for sale' section, or ebay, or , look through the project logs for someone who isn't going to use them on their build.

Sounds like you could use a Manual as well.

PM sent

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard
Wow, eBay has no right side covers for sale. Even lefts are fewer than normal. If you come across one where one tab is broken but they have the broken oiece those can be repaired. Drill holes in both parts and coat liberally with JB Weld, steel type only, and it'll be a permanent repair. The holes are to allow the JB to squeeze thru for a better grip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. New grips ordered and still working on a side cover but this info is super helpful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts