Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I’m from MI, and I may, or may not be new here. If I had a login, I don’t remember it, and it probably only has a few posts associated with it that are now years old. So, let’s say; I’m a long time reader, first-time poster. Haha. My bike is a ‘75 CB360T. It was in a wreck in 1986 with my dad operating, and my mom (pregnant with me) a passenger. Everyone was fine, scrapes and bruises aside.

I grew up with this bike in the shed gathering dust and rust. At 18, with no direction in life yet, I decided to attend technical school, and pursue Automotive Service. At 19, I decided that bikes weren’t too different from cars, and decided to rebuild my dad’s old bike. I got it running and reliable, but it would always drop the left cylinder at idle, and occasionally need a restart. I rode it this way for years. In the meantime, I had become a professional automotive technician. I spent a couple years humping as an oil tech. Even after earning my Master Certification. Spent a few more years as a line technician focusing mainly on Brakes, Suspension, and Driveability. Later, I decided that the flat-rate life was not the life for me.

A couple years ago, I decided to get the bike even more reliable and make it my daily driver. I swapped out the points/condenser unit for an electronic ignition, upgraded the old generator/rectifier system, and changed the battery over to a lithium ion unit. I still need to refresh the internals of the motor, at which point, I plan on installing Suzuki 550 sleeves, and making the bike about a 420cc but I’m currently exploring my abilities in the auto-body field, and doing a frame-off restoration to the bike. Professionally, I am currently a maintenance technician working on everything from the building and facilities, to the industrial food production equipment at my place of employment. I’m pretty confident as a technician, excited about learning more about repair and maintenance (of literally everything [I’ve even taken up sewing]), and to this end, love to tinker.
So again,
Hello All.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lol well you gotta start somewhere.
Let’s call it a (re)start! Haha. I’ve blasted the frame and all associated components, as well as the fork legs, and epoxied. Pushed out the dents in the tank enough for a coat of filler. Pulled the old galvanized spokes that are so corroded the zinc is gone and the base steel is severely pitted. Glass beaded the hubs, polished the tubes. Will blast the rims and epoxy with the same epoxy as the frame, seat, and fork legs. Shortened the front signal stalks, and the rear hoop (doing a rear lighting, and fender delete, and replacing with LED strip on the rear hoop that protrudes 1/4” behind the seat). If you notice the resistors in the pic, that will be for a DRL system running reduced voltage to the hi beam when the stock switch is in the “off” position. Also, rebuilt the tach (it got sticky).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curious though as to what pistons are you planning to use?
Sorry, it was a thread I read here years ago and forgot the details of. I figured I’d look it back up when it was time to do the engine rebuild. It’s the GS850 pistons with a 2mm overbore on stock sleeves. Don’t know why I had it in my head that I was going to re-sleeve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts