Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Jim and I am currently bringing a 1966 CB160 Sport back to life. This bike has been sitting
outside since 1970 or so. The motor was locked up as well as one of the carbs. I am turning this bike into a vintage race bike for Vintage Days at
Mid-Ohio. As of now the motor has been unlocked and torn down and repainted. One of the pistons has the rings seized. My guess is no oil. I will post pictures of my project in the following days. I look forward to any insight anyone can give me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.....pix are a must.

Good luck with the project, sounds interesting.

Wish I could make it to one of those Mid-Ohio's one of these days.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes, pics are a must indeed. My guess is the rings are stuck on the one piston because it sat untouched for 49 years, likely with one valve slightly open. You should start a project log so we can follow along on the way to getting the bike back together and on the track

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, started the project log this evening. It took a lot of effort to get the rings unseized. I am hoping to start the final motor assembly within a week or so.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Dont know if they still do or not but if you want go to Mid Ohio on the cheap you can contact them and volunteer to work for them . I worked there a couple weekends in 96 and 97 as a volunteer firefighter.They have a campground with showers and they gave us a free lunch. You had to pay the camping fee but everything was free.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts