Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I'm a recently registered member and would like to join in on all that this site has to offer. Trying to find out how I post some pics 'cause I know how we ALL like 'em.

Some background, messed with bikes off an on for most of my life with limited success. Actually had a nice 77 Kawi 750 for awhile but didn't take to it. It felt very top heavy to me. Life got in the way until I landed a CB 550 for a cafe project 2 yrs ago. Great bike all around and just the right fit. It didn.t take long to realize that it needed some work so a complete takedown is in the works. Needed something to ride in between so I found a complete,rideable cm200t with 5,734 on the clock for cheap. I actually knew the guy from work. It's Harley territory up here but I don't care, these bikes are great for rippin' around and simple commuting. Plus they are great to work on...... 1 carb as opposed to 4. I'm keeping it close to stock as possible but that sofa as a seat had to go. Seats getting chopped as a solo, slimed down with a short bobbed end, enough to cover the bracket. Also losing the back rack

Last riding season I got medically dumped on with a heavy ear infection that took me off the bike for awhile. Balance is real important for riding. Things are good now so highway here I come.

Sorry for the long read, now ya know. I'll get to work on learning pic postin' and try to remember to get some in the camera.

This is a great site and I know I will learn a lot, cause I plan on asking some questions !

Finntwin

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Welcome... A Photo storage (hosting site) is the key to easy posting, and often free....(like photobucket).... :D Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66Sprint said:
Welcome... A Photo storage (hosting site) is the key to easy posting, and often free....(like photobucket).... :D Steve
Appreciate the welcome.... about the only thing I understood. just got another lesson in posting replies. First one not to accidently mess your own username up when logging in !

I will get the IT guy to explain photobucket holding rooms?

Thanks finntwin

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Go to photobucket.com and follow instructions to upload your pix.... It will assign them a web address you use to post them.....
Just noticed GB got the tutorial addresses up....They will explain it better than I can....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, You all do like pic's.... and helping out, Thanks to both responses.

finntwin

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
BTW.... Mayodan is well less than 100 miles from my shops.........Probably more like 80....You'll have to ride the finished bike up here sometime....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It's more complicated to read it than it is to actually do it. You'll get it eventually and wonder why you thought it was so hard.. Basically, once you upload your photos to their site, you then copy and paste (by right clicking your mouse) the IMG codes on each picture that you want to post here, and then paste (also right clicking mouse) that IMG code here..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
66Sprint said:
BTW.... Mayodan is well less than 100 miles from my shops.........Probably more like 80....You'll have to ride the finished bike up here sometime....
Great,

I was hoping to find some people around to meet up with from this site. Heck, I"m just excited about the thought of riding. Last year was not a good one for me.

finntwin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts