Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just a quick intro from myself to the forum, I am wading through a refurbishment of a 450 K2, I think it is a similar model to your (U.S) K1, I have had the engine running, but it was reluctant to tick over, so that is an area to be looked at, my son has just painted the tank, panels etc, black the one true colour.
I will post some piccies shortly for your perusal.

Kind regards

Phillip

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome to here.
I am always glad to see an old Honda motorcycle of any size brought back from the brink.
Umm, he said "Black, the one true color" :cool:
My 71 CL350 is black now, I think it makes it faster. ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
mitzimoonbeam said:
Hello,
It is a proven fact, Black is the fastest colour!
Kind regards
Phillip
Hi Phillip where in the world are you?
I thought the K# designation was world wide not unique to a country.
I have a black CB400f, Honda never did it that colour, it gives it a 'Classic' look.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
malcolmgb said:
mitzimoonbeam said:
Hello,
It is a proven fact, Black is the fastest colour!
Kind regards
Phillip
Hi Phillip where in the world are you?
I thought the K# designation was world wide not unique to a country.

Negative.......
Non-US models were different.
For instance, the Euro-model 450 K1's had features we did not see in the US until K2. Euro K1's had aircleaner covers that US models didn't see until K2, and fenders were different, as well as other features.
Serial numbers also did not conform to the US sequences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,For my sins I reside in the U.k. Our K2 model had the chrome panels on the tank, slash cut front mudguard(sorry fender) 18inch wheels front and rear, and duck tail seat, and low handle bars.( I know this to be true as I owned a K2 in 1971) my how time flies.
If my memory serves me right , not many were sold over here,(K2s that is) in fact the last 50 could not be shifted so they were turned into cafe racer style blkes in order to sell them( wonder what happened to all the tanks etc) then along came the 500/4 and that was the death knell for the 450 here in the U.K.
I also bought a 500/4 in 1972, I understand the U.S. models were sold up to 1974?with the K7 being the last of the line?
If any of these facts are wrong I am sure someone will be along to correct me in a short while, in the meantime I have been setting my carbs up in accordance with information furnished by this site, and it all made good sense to me, especially when a figure of 14mm is mentioned in my old haynes manual!
Next job is to buy a new battery and see if she runs and ticks over.
Oh and before I go I did not realise nostalgia would be so expensive!
Kind regards
Phillip

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
:!:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
mitzimoonbeam said:
Hi Rod,
straight from the log book-frame no 3021391
engine no-3021576
hope this is of some help, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
kind regards
Phillip
In the US that would be a K2.

·
Registered
210 Posts
mitzimoonbeam said:
Hi,For my sins I reside in the U.k.
Where in the UK? I'm from the Midlands.
I was looking for a CB450 over in the US when I found my CL175, hopefully I will still find one or better still a CL450, need to build up funds again though. I return to the UK in a little over a week, I have just been talking to a shipping agent, at a push I may be able to sort out shipping for it before I return.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Malcolm,
I live near to skipton, about 30 miles north of leeds.
Two big bike meets locally, Devils bridge at kirkby Lonsdale and Squires cafe at Sherburn in Elmet, Squires in particular attracts thousands of bikes in midweek and the weekend, in fact they claim to get up to 10,000 bikes a week during the summer months( which is strange as I do not remember having a summer here in the uk recently!)
As to your search for a 450 There seems to be a scarcity of them on e-bay recently.
Kind regards
Phillip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.