Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Louis here, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I am currently restoring a C95. My thing is making parts, although I do not have sophisticated tools. . So far, I am working on making what Honda calls "dust covers" the things between the carbs and the frame on Dream models, even though they are available. Vintage Honda ads are another interest of mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ads like this?
yes ! thanks for sending that, may I print it ? I haven't seen this one. I have been slowly turning the C95 into a CB92 replica, I have most of it except the fairly important ?? souped up motor and the tank. Alas it will always be a C95 which is pretty nice anyway, and I can always convert it back to original..

·
Registered
1961 Benly 125, C92
14 Posts
Go for it. So, the ad was in a US Airforce footlocker, from Japan, which was filled with spare parts i got with the 1961 C92 I recently bought on an online auction. The original owner was stationed there, and brought the bike back to California after duty. The ad is a page cut out of a magazine. The CB92s ,that i have seen pictures of, look fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you keeping your C92 stock ?, I put 18" wheels on my C95 with a big TLS front brake, & a correctish fender, and naked rear shocks. . It does transform the bike. Fiberglass CB92 tanks are available for $500.00, but.....

·
Registered
1961 Benly 125, C92
14 Posts
not sure what to do with it. i have tested spark to plugs and regaped them and changed oil so far. Fuel system is next. If it has issues, i might convert it to fuel injection. I think i will keep it stock looking, but might plate all the chrome copper or bronze or something that works with the black paint. It has tall ca95 bars on it.
18" wheels sound cool. What wheels are they? pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will post some pics, I picked up used wheels cheap at a local swap, with the CB fender, it does change the appearance considerably. Chrome copper or bronze sounds exotic, does a regular plating shop do that ?

·
Registered
1961 Benly 125, C92
14 Posts
I will have to look into the plating options; i want something durable. The chrome has lifted from the wheels in some spots, so I have a lot to do. I want to get it rideable and get to know it before i delve into the cosmetic overhaul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts