Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Honda CM400E
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Bill from Plympton, MA joining in. First, THANX to those who started this forum! I have a CM400E 1981 with 3500 miles on it that has been in my shed for 35 years (bought it new). I am starting to restore it to riding condition and hope I can get at least that far. Then I would love to do a full restore. It is in real good shape its only time and money....Best to everyone during this pandemic and hope to connect with members soon.

BEST!

·
Registered
237 Posts
wow bill, 35 years. it's about time! lol. i guess if it weren't for the pandemic, that bike would still be sitting there. how about some pics of that time capsule? that bike must be a real "survivor" unless the shed roof leaked, mice got into it, flooded by hurricane Sandy, etc., etc.

·
Registered
1981 Honda CM400E
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few Paul. I am not a mechanic so I am taking it slow. I have carbs torn apart and cleaning them out. I will put those picks in a gallery at a later date. Just some surface rust and bad battery box from a mouse nest. Already located and installed an almost new (original) battery box and battery. Turned it over after cleaning the gas tank with vinegar (minimal rust) and replaced the fuel valve. Carbs are the issue so I am working on them slooowwly!

BEST!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey Bill, not too bad really, nice work! i think we would all like to have one-owner bikes in as good condition at that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts