Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CM200T
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to blog, been riding bikes since 11 years old. Owned several also and always did my own maintenance. I currently have a Suzuki GS1000 but inherited my 92 yo Dad's '82 CM200T Twinstar. Bike is in immaculate condition with 6800 miles. Dang thing will not idle. More to the story, my Dad gave it to my Brother and brother said it never ran right. He put a new carburetor on and still didn't idle right w/o choke and surged when holding the throttle steady. Well he passed away and now I've got it. Same story holds true today, I've pulled the carburetor several times and can't seem to find the problem. It is clean and all jets appear open as I shoot carb cleaner through them.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Ignition is electronic, so I hadn't looked under that cover, my age tells you that I'm a "points" mechanic. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
115 Posts
The starter fluid or carb cleaner spray test should provide the answer if it's a vacuum leak.
Have you tried spraying some around the carb with the engine running? I'm sure you've done this before, but just in case you forget like I do, reminders help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts