Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm from the UK and am in the process of buying a 1972 Honda CB450. I see that alot of these are American imports. Would this be the case for all CB450s of this age or were some sold in the UK new at the time.

Insurance companies don't seem to be recognising it.

Thanks

David

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hi

I'm from the UK and am in the process of buying a 1972 Honda CB450. I see that alot of these are American imports. Would this be the case for all CB450s of this age or were some sold in the UK new at the time.

Insurance companies don't seem to be recognising it.

Thanks

David

What are the serial numbers??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ask for serialnumber because you want to do a parts search or just ask owner if he/she knows if its a USA import or a UK sold bike?

Sent fra min SM-T530 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's coming from a dealer. I'll ring them tomorrow and get the serial numbers and see if they know if it's an import.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
One of the UK guys can correct me, the Black Bomber was imported to the UK and then there was a gap for several years and I'm not sure when of if they started importing them again. I don't know the reason why this happened. The British MC industry was struggling in these years and the world economy was in bad shape, US and UK included.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hi,

As far as I know, all 450 models where also imported to the UK as to the Netherlands.
There are many small differences between US models and European models.

Jensen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts