Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently took the plunge and aquired my first "real" motorcycle! I fell in love with the bike the minute I saw it after my buddy hauled it home from some dusty old garage. I had been asking him what his plans were for it since then, knowing full well he has too many projects...

The bike is a 1980 CM400T, its got a hand full of carburetor issues currently (varnished nearly solid and a couple pieces broken on the throttle cable linkage). Coincidentally through my research that is how I stumbled upon this forum.

I've been lurking for several days and finally decided to sign up! I look forward to interacting and learning as much as I can. Ive already been blown away by the wealth if information!!

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll need a state-of-the-art factory service manual. PM sent.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
So it begins! Got a pile of parts ordered up including a set of parts carbs to replace the broken linkage pieces I mentioned earlier. Hopefully I can get it going before the snow flys this year!
Looks like it'll be a late start for winter this year so you may be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.