Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I've built and rebuilt a number of older bikes (70's to late 80's,) from hondas twins to Suzuki gs's. So far i haven't had the privilege of working on anything from the 60's or further back but i will!

I run a private request based customs shop out of my home property in Saskatchewan, it's a pleasant way to live.

I'm here because i recently picked up a 78 cb400ti, and just wrapped up the mechanical for her, (finished reassembling after a fresh build,) and am looking to keep this one for myself.

I'm looking at many sites trying to find people with experience crafting fairings, i want to put a dustbin on this bike and i'm not sure where to start with it. I don't know what materials to choose or even how to go about selecting them.

Hopefully i can find some help here as well as offer some hard earned experience in exchange.

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Member herrdeacon has fabricated his own fairing for his 350. You may want to send him a pm. He's also a Canadian living in NFL.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've never done a fairing casting before, but I've done a custom cafe seat casting. Imagine it would be similar if your going with a fiber glass resin mold. You might look up making your own cafe seat video. Basically start with foam blocks, cut and sand to the shape you want and use it to cast the fiber glass shield. I would be interested to see what you come up with. I was kind of thinking about a fairing on my bike, but don't really like most of the ones on the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts