Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New at all this motorcycle stuff. Never owned one, rarely ridden one.
Last yearn my son gave me a 1976 CB500T that he had given up on to see if I could do any good with it. I saw it run last year but not since I've had it. Starter button missing, charging system in bad shape and kick-start shaft broken off.
Found some parts finally and got to work. Since I had to go so far into it to replace the kick-starter shaft I decided to take it all the way and clean everything up the best I could while I was at it. So far it's cleaning up pretty good and it's starting to go back together.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Nice looking bike. I'm on the back side of a 450 restoration so I know your path well.

I've got a good set of headlight ear mounts. If you're interested let me know via email at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Looks like you've put a lot of work into this already.

Nice results :D

And welcome.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome, Looking good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome! It's looking good, would like to see more updates as you move along.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mitchellsk said:
Welcome! It's looking good, would like to see more updates as you move along.
Well, just by coincidence I am keeping a blog for my amusement and because everytime I do some thing I wind up saying after the fact "gee, I wish I'd taken some before and after pictures." I recently added a page of photos that attempt to show my progress. Link: http://motorcyclediary-laprete.blogspot ... ixels.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts