Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum after picking up my latest project, a 1968 CB450 K1. I spent some time going through old posts gathering info and wanted to take a second to introduce myself and post a few pics of my new CB450.

I live in the East Village, NYC, work as a photographer, surf and travel a ton, and am obsessed with old motorcycles. I'm almost done with my 1976 CB550K rebuild and stumbled across a 68 CB450 for sale in CT. I've always wanted an Black Bomber or K1 but never came across one in solid shape in my price range. Purchased the bike, had it trucked down to New York, and just started work on it this past weekend.

Here she is after a cleaning off a decade or so of crud, dust and dirt.

I'm going to start a project thread to document the work on the 450 but wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and say thanks for all the tips and solid info everyone's contributed. I'm hoping I can follow suit and be of assistance at some point.

Here's a link to my recent CB550 rebuild project thread and a bit of background info on the 450:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=62368.0

And a few pics of the 550 build as it now stands:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tbpmusic said:
Welcome to here - how much did you pay?
Man, that's a find........(green with envy)

Hope you'll restore it ??
Thanks!

I paid $795.00 for the bike which is probably one of the best deals I've gotten to date on any of my CB's:) The bike is 100% stock and has not been altered in any way with the exception of some wiring (did not mod the original harness). My intentions are to rebuild the bike back to stock with the only exception being lower handlebars that can be swapped back to original at any point. I'd feel like a tool doing any mods or changing up such nice original survivor. I went the cafe route with my CB550 build as it was backed into by a car while parked and damaged pretty bad. The 450 is the ideal candidate for a stock restoration so that's where I'll be heading with this bike.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Nice bike! I'm not sure about it but that front wheel looked to me like it was pulled from something else. Is it an 18" or a 19"??

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Nice bike! I'm not sure about it but that front wheel looked to me like it was pulled from something else. Is it an 18" or a 19"??

GB :mrgreen:
The front rim is 18". I checked out the parts manual and it looks to be to original rim and drum brake. The original front fender was included but missing a couple of bolts so I removed it before transporting the bike over to my garage.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
What a great find and a VERY good price. The tank, seat and mufflers along would fetch that much. That tank is my favorite design of all the Honda tanks.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Congratulations.

I think we've all seen finished projects that didn't look any better than that!
Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts