Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! Just passed the CHP course and the written exam for my motorcycle license and I purchased this 1970 Honda CB175 as a starter bike. has a couple things wring with it, like the headlight switch stopped working so the headlight stays on when the bike is on (which is fine) and the blinkers don't seem to work. Gonna get a new battery cause the guy restored it four years ago but never rode it. May need new clutch plates too I think. This is just for me to learn on and cruise around the neighborhood to practice. Not going on the freeway. Not out here in L.A.

Paid $1,700 for it with clean title. Thoughts? I'm new to bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I have no idea why these pictures are upside down. I can't seem to delete the images... :/
Nice acquisition - the bike looks to be in very good shape and almost completely original except for the exhaust. Deleting images can only be done in the "Go Advanced" section of the editing process - go to "Edit Post", then look at the bottom right of the editing window for the Advanced option. Once you find and remove the pictures, you still have to remove the text that represents the uploaded image (which looks like [ ATTACH=CONFIG]123456[ /ATTACH] ) or you'll have a reference to an attachment in the post that no longer exists. As for the orientation of your pictures, this will shed some light on why

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/25-website-issues/120382-pictures-post-upside-down.html#post1008568

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome to the highway and HT. Remember, people and pavement don't blend, so buy quality safety equipment and never trust that anyone on more than 2 wheels has seen you. Old fart lecture over.

That's a good looking bike. If it is in as nice of shape as it looks you would be hard pressed to get it to that quality for $1700. Keep it nice and come time to move up it may make you some money.

That checklist JT posted is a great tool. There may be resources for 175's in Twins library, but frankly with the bunch around here you're not going to stump them on a problem and they are really good at walking you through a solution. Nice bike, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts