Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just found this forum and thought I'd say hello...wondering if there are any members in the Annapolis Maryland area?
if do send me an email [email protected]
Here's my current project...
[attachment=0:3eyu57jg]CIMG2754.JPG[/attachment:3eyu57jg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the back and right side...

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Cool bike.....What size/model Yamaha (?) are those forks from ?

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1977 Yamaha XS650 forks with 1978 Honda CB550 triple clamps (had to swap the stearing stem out for the stock CB350 triple clamps to make them work properly) also had to make a new spacer for the right side of the hub since the XS tripple clamps are a bit wider than the CB550 ones.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's a KOSO GP STYLE SPEEDOMETER RX-1N (from Taiwan)...here's the link http://kosonorthamerica.com/
I looked at every gague option I could think of for 3 months and ended up with this one (Bimota puts them on their new bikes, although a slightly different model)

my second choice was going to be either from a Kawasaki 650 twin or a suzuki sv650 (pre 2003 naked version) but they would end up costing almost as much, need some custom electrical work to make the tack and speedo calibrate properly and not have as many features. with the Koso, I get individual temperature readings on each cylinder head down to the decimal point which makes tuning the carbs a bit more precise.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
outobie said:
it's a KOSO GP STYLE SPEEDOMETER RX-1N (from Taiwan)...here's the link http://kosonorthamerica.com/
I looked at every gague option I could think of for 3 months and ended up with this one (Bimota puts them on their new bikes, although a slightly different model)

my second choice was going to be either from a Kawasaki 650 twin or a suzuki sv650 (pre 2003 naked version) but they would end up costing almost as much, need some custom electrical work to make the tack and speedo calibrate properly and not have as many features. with the Koso, I get individual temperature readings on each cylinder head down to the decimal point which makes tuning the carbs a bit more precise.
Nice!

I put a trailtech on my CB500 project and thought i was going super modern, that KOSO thing is rad looking.

Who makes that glass rear with the # plate? I like it.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up the tail section about 5 years ago from Omar's for an XS650 project that went in annother direction (flattracker) it's called the Manx I believe.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is trailtech the same as vapor?...they made the short list but the analogue tach swayed the final decision

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Trailtech makes the Vapor, Vector and Enduro I do believe..

I'm going with the stealth Vapor model myself.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't been on this board long enough to pick up on the humor yet but...

Stealth Vapor, is that really a product name?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It's a computer speedo/odometer/tach/etc built by Trailtech. The Vapor model. They have it in silver and black, the black one being the "stealth" model.

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts