Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to hondatwins . . . howdy! Just picked up my second CL350, a 1973 (I got a barn-find '74 back in college) and am excited to rebuild her. Looking forward to other members imparting their knowledge! With this one I received two engines, the original engine with over 20k and a donor engine with only 1k miles on it. The story was that there were twin bikes bought by two brothers and one of them wrecked his bike after 1k miles. My plan is to put the lower mile engine on the bike and hang on to the original. She's in decent shape and I scored a bunch of extra parts from that wrecked bike, so I'm excited to really dig in. Goal = reliable runner with curb appeal but nowhere near "show." Currently working on carbs and cleaning stuff up, then it'll be time for a test fire, then strip the frame, repaint and see what I can do about covers and chrome stuff (most of it is decent). I think my biggest challenges will be smoothing out the tank, finding some affordable air covers, and the exhaust has some pretty interesting rivet-work on one of the mufflers. Cheers!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome. I also have a 73. Got any pics? The exhaust on these are known for rusting out. Took me almost 3 years to find a set with no holes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Singletooth! I will work on getting some pics. I have everything off the frame currently so it might be a bit... I've been scouting ebay, facebook marketplace, craigslist, and forums like hondatwins. Got any other suggestions for locating parts? Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome fellow Michigander ! Look forward to seeing your project come to life.
I recently picked up a 74’ CB200T from original owner with 3600 miles. A good
project for the long winters here in the north woods. Best of luck in your venture! ✌🏼

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Clambucket! You hit the nail on the head about the long winters. I need something to keep me engaged when snow flies, otherwise I start going crazy. That 74 sounds cool, especially the miles! My CL has over 20K but I got a second motor with it which only has 1k miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts