Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. Glad to be here. Not my first Honda forum. Also a member of the VRCC. I own a 98 Valkyrie. Great people and great info. Have many riders with over 250,000 miles on there's. Anyway, I got my eye on an 86 Honda 450. I'm posting a pic of it so you can see what I'm referring to. They asking 500 OBO. What you think? Also, I know that it's been sitting for two years so a carb clean is in order. I have already looked on partzilla ( which I am very familiar with) but a lot of things are OUT. Whats another reference for carb kit, float needles etc? TYIA. and Hello !

I will up date my profile soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna take a socket and rachet to pull plugs and turn motor to make sure no seize. But I really think these people just don't know what they have. From India and an older couple. Very nice. Whats plug socket size? 1986. As I stated I have a 98 Honda Valkyrie and have done all my maintenance. Rear end service. Pulled and cleaned all carbs, 6 of them. Desmog. electric dan marc fuel shut off valve. etc etc.
Whats a good link to get a carb rebuild kit? Probably gonna need it. Been sitting 2 years. in a very clean garage. Here's whatI have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
18mm plug socket. Even though it's been sitting the carbs may not need to be cleaned. I'd check compression and if within reason, over 135 psi, then try to fire it. May just need fresh fuel with some Sea Foam or Berryman's B12 added.
For $500 you really can't go wrong here. You'll need the FSM, it's specific to the 1986 model. PM sent

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts