Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

1st time owner here. I bought myself a little project that I'm pretty excited about getting my hands dirty on.

I have a 66' honda dream CA77 that needs a little work before I can ride it, but was hoping to educate myself and put in the work on my own.
looking for videos or step by step guides that I can check out before I get started. mainly running a few cables for the clutch/ speedo / front brake and the fuel lines.

I'm a novice and not much of a mechanic, but i'm just excited to learn and looking for some friendly tips on what could help a beginner.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for posting a proper introduction. There are plenty of knowledgeable members here to help with your Dream. To get the most exposure, just start a project log in the appropriate section and post your progress and questions as you go. Your next assignment is to post some pictures of your new-to-you machine... we like pictures :)

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard.
There's a message waiting for you, just click your avatar in the upper right of the screen and click conversations to read it.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group, You have one of the most classic and collectible of the vintage Honda's. Not the easiest to find parts for but not too difficult to work on either. Here's a discussion about bringing an old bike back to safe and reliable condition. Hope you find it useful.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
You might look at the 305 sight . Maybe buy both of Bill Silvers books on the 305. Mostly for the cb77 but a lot of good info_One is for the motor the other has a lot of restoration info..

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts