Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

My name is William (Wil) Robinson and I am from Cinnaminson, NJ which is right across the bridge from Philadelphia. I am 22 years old and currently work as a support desk technician at a law firm in Center City Philadelphia. As soon as I turned 15 I bought a Tomos moped and ended up being given two more mopeds along the way from a friend and relative.

I learned about motors and how to fix them by restoring one of the mopeds I was given and doing routine maintenance and some upgrades to the other two. I then got into cars for a while and started customizing the car I have today. After that was complete, I decided it was time to buy a motorcycle. I started off searching on facebook marketplace where I eventually found a 1978 Honda CB400A Hawk Hondamatic.

I did not go around looking for an automatic motorcycle but I happened to find this one for a good deal and low miles so I decided to purchase it. The bike only has 4200 original miles on it and has all original parts. In the picture you will see that I posted of it, it has a modified seat on it that the last owner had gotten made for it. I do not like the seat but good news is the PO kept the original seat which is in great condition. I love the look of the bike and figured it would make for a good starter bike. There was no doubt in my mind when looking for a motorcycle that I wanted a vintage Honda.

Looking forward to being a member of this forum!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Wil - and I'm quite sure you've heard all the "Danger Wil Robinson" jokes in your life already :p - but it's great that you're interested in a vintage Honda at such a young age. You've found a gem, a beautiful survivor to get your motorcycle experience with. Good to have you, and looking forward to seeing where you go with your bike.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group Will. You picked a great bike to learn on, both riding and wrenching. Here's some information that should help you to get it on the road and to learn about it:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome aboard, Wil. You'll need a good Factory Service Manual - PM sent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts