Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all and a Happy Turkey Day to my colleagues that are celebrating the American holiday. I am a seasoned rider that took a long hiatus and have just gotten back into the saddle once again with the recent resurrection of a 78 CB550.

As a point of joining this great forum, I am in the process of resurrecting my first love which is a 1973 CB450-K6. The bike has been sitting in my parent’s barn for a number of years. Poor storage and neglect from chasing my career have not been kind to this bike. It will require a complete frame/off restoration. I am, however determined to bring her back to life. The bike has 8K on the clock.

These types of forums are invaluable in providing the bits of missing data needed to fill in the blanks that the manuals do not provide. I am grateful to be a new member of this on-line community.

I have the bike in various stages of disassembly and am currently dealing with a seized piston. I am taking the least aggressive approach at the moment in attempting to loosen the culprit with a mix of the Ed’s Red and Half ATF and Half Acetone Mix. New rings are on order along with a set of new standard pistons (from ebay). The non-evasive approach is more of a test to determine liquid effectivity.

I currently hail from the Lexington Park, Maryland area and look forward to any assistance that my new found colleagues within this forum may be able to provide.

Czeswiz

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
As you can already see you've come to the right place. There is incomprehensible (just go look it up guys) expertise here regarding the 450s and they're very willing to share.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Welcome aboard Czeswiz!! :D You will find a lot of knowledge here pertaining to the 450.. Several of us share a soft spot for them.. ;) I don't know much about them internally, but I'm always willing to try to help.. As far as questions, just ask away...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
29 Posts
These guys have been a lot of help to me, there is a wealth of knowledge here. Good luck on your project!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts