Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! As my title states, I live in Louisiana. I recently inherited a 71 CB450 which hasn't ran in over 42 years. I've had it for 18 months now and have made some progress. Hoping this forum helps point me in the right direction!

My bike runs, just having problems with the trans.

I'm no stranger to forums or working on vehicles. But this is my first bike and I have under 100 miles on my belt. I have 20 miles on this bike and roughly half that on a friend's old Sportster. So yea, I'm a noob hahaha!

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yea I'll look into posting pics when I get home after work. Do I need a photobucket account or can you use FB links? It's been a while since I've been on forums

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome to the forum RatRodder! You can post a photo directly from your phone or computer using the insert image link on the right side of the toolbar. Some people do use photobucket, but it seems those pictures often disappear over time. I usually just upload directly.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Thanks! Yea I'll look into posting pics when I get home after work. Do I need a photobucket account or can you use FB links? It's been a while since I've been on forums
Above the 'post' box there are radio icons. Click on the third from the right and follow the prompts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. On the last forum I was on you had to photobucket it or use facebook. We had the same issue there where photobucket or FB would update and the links to those photos didnt work anymore. We couldn't upload Like you said so that's AWESOME and cuts a lot of work out. I'm going to give it a go and post a few "before and after" pics.
BEFORE:
IMG_6604.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg
IMG_6708.jpg
After a little wet sanding I found the original paint and clear coated over it, leaving the rust:
IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6821.jpg
IMG_6879.jpg
IMG_6994.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts