Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all. I've been browsing for quite a long time (9 months of searching) to find the project bike that I wanted to fix, and eventually learn on and start riding and I've finally bought a 1980 CM200T 'Twinstar'! I can't wait to explore the forum and hopefully seek good advice for repair and maintenance:confused: but I can't wait to ride this beauty!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. +1 on pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
First Blood

Hey Y'all! I'm glad to have finally joined a forum online! This is awesome. Anyway, I'm sorry to have not uploaded pics earlier... my work schedule gets in the way of some things sometimes :p but this reply should do the trick! My bike is not camera shy ha. OK. Seriously though, you can see through the pics that there is some good...but mostly bad, especially from what the PO told me. But I digress. I'm trying to repair and maybe restore some parts and eventually ride this beauty sooner than later. I'll be posting to most of the threads, probably, so look for more pictures or specifics in those! Is there anyway to upload to a library or some shared space on this forum? I haven't explored the forum much so I might need some help haha. Hopefully I did this right :confused: ...Here's my first bike :)

Untitled 2.jpg Untitled.jpg 20180525_202756.jpg Untitled 4.jpg Untitled 1.jpg 20180525_202744.jpg 20180525_200152.jpg Untitled 5.jpg Untitled 3.jpg lower left side.jpg 20180525_202510.jpg

MB
1980 CM200T (project/first bike)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Needs a front fender as it is your fork brace as well. Grab bar, seat cover and a tach for cosmetics. Change the oil and get it running properly before doing anything else. If the engine or tranny are pooched what it looks like won't matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi frogman! I'm near Boulder! Brent - yeah, the PO gave me a box of "stuff" which contained the front fender as well as some tools and some old and new nuts, bolts, screws, etc. There was a seat cover on it but it looked unprofessional and trashy...other than that I think he gave me an unused fuel intake part (the second photo)? I'm not entirely sure since I'm a newbie, nonetheless, it is helpful. I kind of like the gas tank right now, the gradient from gray to red looks kind of cool, right? Also, those shocks are not the original (I'm thinking C. 2008? I like them! Thank you for the advice/info, all! I'm reading through the FSM right now and looking through my big checklist so we'll see how long it takes me to get this thing up and running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts