Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Honda fans.
Mike is my name and I’m new to the forum. I’m also a deserting member sort of, of the Honda305 Forum which as some of you know has been over run with worms. Still some good posting, but too much unrelated, unfiltered garbage on the boards. Thought I’d try something new.
My bike is a 1966 CL77. Good shape, fun to ride, however, I’m in this debate with myself whether to hold on to it or sell.
64 yrs old, been riding for quite a while, and residing in SoCal, San Bernardino County.
Other two bikes are; 1978 Honda CB750 and the big pig HD Electraglide. One for all occasions!

Anyway, glad to be here, and looking forward to gleening or offering any experience.

Thanks,

Mr. Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Hi Mike, and welcome. If I had your CL77 and sold it, I know I'd have serious seller's remorse. You're too young to give up on it yet. I'd recommend hanging on to it. You have a beauty of a bike, and where will you find another one that nice?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the welcome. You know, I have an elder riding buddy and he said the exact same thing. Other than local once a month vintage meets, I don’t ride it much...it’s like a trophy that just sits on the floor. I’m mixed about it, and no doubt I’d have that remorse your speaking of...for a while too! It was my first non running purchase in 2008. As a kid back in 1970, I toodled around on a CL160. So when this popped up in ‘08, I salivated and offered $500 and the fella took it. I stole it for that price. Fun project for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome. I love the look of this model. Nice to see another one in the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
A real looker!

Welcome!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^yes, welcome Mike - and more closeups of it would be great, it looks really nice. Always loved the CL77 but I came along to riding Hondas a little late for the 250/305 and only had one bike of that group, a CA72

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome and yes, keep it! I occasionally ride with a desert racer, number 1 plate holder from 1964, who still rides daily. He’ll be 90 this year and tells me it keeps him young, so never give up!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok let’s see what I can do...yesterday I couldn’t upload anything after the first pic...BRB...
Hey...success! Oh-thanks a bunch for the encouragement to keep it. Maybe at 90 I too will be a real vintage riding a very old vintage.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hello and welcome to Honda Twins retirement community forum. Where were retired from some work , but not from riding!!, haha! all kidding aside!
Man is that a beautiful bike, if that was in my stable. It would never be sold, just passed on to the next generation.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice, nice, nice.......and the first picture was right side up too.

Good on you for still riding, when I get old, I hope I'm still around much less riding.... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts