Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I finally pulled the trigger and just bought my first street bike - a lovely 78 Hawk Hondamatic. I'm in Maine. I'm a complete noob when it comes to street bikes and hope to learn a lot here. These pics are from me picking up and taking home the Hawk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a nice day out today so I sadly put the Hawk up for the winter. Don't let the green grass fool you, it's about to get real cold here in Maine. I washed and waxed, changed oil and filter, fluid filmed joints, conditioned leather, added Sta-bil and filled up with ethanol free, took off mirrors, and removed the battery for trickle charging. In the spring I'll put new tires on and the Hawk will be ready to soar!

·
21 Posts
A fine machine, my dad had one he drove around with a sidecar on it. A little sluggish but he was in no hurry! Indestructible transmission. Check or flush your front brake fluid if you haven't already and you should be good to go in the spring.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow! Very nice bike I’m still bringing mine back to life. Enjoy that cold up there. It’s still in the 70’s down here.

Reactions: HonDokken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're actually coming off a "heat wave" where it's been in the 60s for close to a week. Won't last but it's nice for now!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice. I'd love to try an auto trans one. I've got a 78 Tii that is coming back from it's tomb in a leaky garage for 20 years. Still needs tyres and carbs done, as well as more elbow grease. Maybe this month if the 350s and the singles don't distract me too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts