Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Just got my hands on a very original cb450 sc ( nighthawk)
New to the older hondas will probably be in need of lots of asssistants already have found a ton of info on this!
I'm located in Toronto and plan is to ride this for the remainder of the season and then rebuild over the winter into a cafe racer/ brat style ...not totally sure yet!
Already love the bike was bought from a 83 year old man who was riding up until he handed over to me he was second owner so bike has been well looked after.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've found a beauty. They look awesome in stock forum.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice original example you have. Before cutting it up I'd suggest riding it as much as possible before the weather turns and get a solid feel for the bike and what modifications you really want to do. There's been lots of bikes cut up and modified with huge regrets for doing it because it turned out to be not what the owners actually likes riding.
Cafe racers are exactly that, a racer. Stripped of any unnecessary parts, lightened and performance enhanced. Uncomfortable but quick. If you want to ride more than .5 to 1 hour at a time/day then this isn't what you really want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordered tires, brakes, wheel bearings today. plan to go through your new old bike check list i saw a link somewhere which i'll dig up.
will tackle that for now and Im going to ride as is stock for as long as i can this season before i start chopping it up maybe i'll want to keep as is and find something a little more beaten up to rebuild....will see what happens but i know what you guys are saying getting harder to find these days. mileage is a little high though has 55k on it. so maybe i'll just keep the parts i take off as spares and find something with lower mileage to rebuild as original would like two i think, one racer and one stock.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Be careful. I started with one. (I think they breed in the garage)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts