Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm a Honda nut from Gulf Shores, Alabama. I'm 27 and married with children. My first project was a 1972 cb750 cafe racer. The build is documented over at dotheton.com if you're interested. Here's a pic:

Up next is a cb350 motor and carbs I'm working on. I don't have a frame yet, but I started a post in the Wanted section. My plans for this bike are to make a clean little bobber, but with some brat/dues influence. I'm going to try to run a cb750 front end that I have laying around with a stock cb350 rear rim laced to the front hub, A tiny seat between the frame rails, chopping and molding the back end of the frame, extending the swingarm maybe three inches, and either a monoshock setup or this leaf spring rear suspension that my buddy and I have worked out. Ambitious I know, but I'm going to do everything I can to put this vision to reality. No pics of the motor yet (I'm still cleaning), but here's a pic of a bike that has the same style as I'm going for. I think gravel crew did this bike out of a gb500... I think.

I've got tons of parts laying around for this build, the only things I'll need so far are the frame swingarm and an extra rear wheel for a cb350 (I've got one already). Any help comments or constructive criticism will be more than welcome. BTW this will be the first time I'll have a cb350 motor apart, so I'll probably be bothering you guys about all kinds of stuff when clymer and myself come up dry...
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome!

Nice 750, I have a '75 myself up the road in Memphis. Lots of fun.

I really like the pic of the GC bike you posted!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! The more I look around this forum, the more I like it. Good folks with lots of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
pretty cool skoot and up and coming project!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts