Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes you have...:)
Welcome..
Is it me.. or is that muffler a little ... LARGE?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'd have to see close-up pics of the frame number to believe it's a 360 with a 350 engine in it... but welcome, and thanks for doing it the right way

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome RockReef. I have heard the 350 engines don't fit in the 360 frames and vice versa, which I think is what Ancientdad is mentioning. The exhaust looks kinda like the M4 pipe I have on my SV650. You've come to the right place to get it running.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum form the East Side. Interesting, I always thought the 360 engine was a little taller than the 350 so I cannot see why this couldn't be done. I too am very interested in this project. Any way you can post some higher resolution pictures? Please post the engine and frame numbers. I would like to see the engine mounts.

What is the status of the non-running? How is the oil and gas? Does it turn over?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, I didn’t get reply notifications so sorry for the very long overdue response. The Muffler is a fatty pipe from a MX bike. It really is a 360 frame (Has the VIN plate and matching title) and 350 engine with custom mounts and 350 tank also with custom mounts.
I’ve got it to run, sort of, but only on one cylinder at a time. Starter another thread about it. Took lots of work to get this far but pretty stumped why I can’t run both cylinders at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum form the East Side. Interesting, I always thought the 360 engine was a little taller than the 350 so I cannot see why this couldn't be done. I too am very interested in this project. Any way you can post some higher resolution pictures? Please post the engine and frame numbers. I would like to see the engine mounts.

What is the status of the non-running? How is the oil and gas? Does it turn over?
Just figured out how to quote someone! Yah, sure does turn over. Cold compression is 180psi both sides. Oil has been changed by yours truly and fuel tank cleaned, new petcock and lines and carbs cleaned/rebuilt and all new properly sized (hopefully lol) jets plus new manifold boots and gaskets. Will post up some better pics soon. Just haven’t taken any really.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd have to see close-up pics of the frame number to believe it's a 360 with a 350 engine in it... but welcome, and thanks for doing it the right way
ask and you shall receive. Just ran outside to snap these.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts