1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Re: Nwe member fra Denmark - Honda CB 500t Caf''

Ebbe mate :shock: awesome cafe and a credit to you, although i do like the old blue beast as well. I'm a sucker for bikini fairings on older scoots and this one looks the business and the speedo with no tach works so well, well done ;)

So what's next another Honda twin :?: :D :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the kind words...

I think i will enjoy it - and my VW splitbus - when it get warmer up here. No new projects for a while...

The "manx" fairing i did from a thin plate of alu... I am going to make it from a thicker piece... But now i have the "shape"

Ebbe

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hi Ebbe! from another swede.Im tired of all the snow to longing for summer.Love your bike,way to go!!!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Beautiful bike! Very nice work.. I like what you did with the corrugated panels in the battery box location..

Jason, do I spy another coverpage bike here?? If he'll submit a better full bike shot that is??

P.S. Alright, spill the beans.. What model of upper bar clamp did you use that fit the stock bar clamps?? I must know!! ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for the kind words... The panels comes from - you will never gues - a laptop aluminium case...

I am not sure what you mean about upper bar clamp..? My tecnical english is a bit rusty... Enlighten me please:;·]

And i would be proud to deliver a high res pic - you just say when and how... :D

Ebbe Rubien

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Wow, that bike is a work of art. Congratulations on the build!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Ebbe said:
Thanks again for the kind words... The panels comes from - you will never gues - a laptop aluminium case...

I am not sure what you mean about upper bar clamp..? My tecnical english is a bit rusty... Enlighten me please:;·]

And i would be proud to deliver a high res pic - you just say when and how... :D

Ebbe Rubien

The upper handlebar clamp shown in this picture: download/file.php?id=2491&mode=view

It's the piece with 4 bolts, holding the handlebars clamped down..

What bike did it come from originally??

·
Registered
255 Posts
Excellent work and nice splitwindow bus in the background (67?). Base coat/ clear coat paint on both?

Larry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a 64 spiltwindow - no only clear coat on the bike...

And regarding the handelbarfixture - I think it is the original set-up... I was on the bike when i got it... Maybe it is from a 400 or 450..? I weakly recall it was the same on my brothers 400/4 20 years ago...

This is the danish version of the brochure - it says "the choice of the experts" - right!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The bar clamp isn't original. It's from some sort of newer dirtbike. It looks similar to the one that's on my DRZ400S.. I wish you knew, because that's one part I'd like to add to my CB450..

Thanks for the reply though! ;)

EDIT: After a lot of measuring to confirm fitment I found this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Emig-Rac ... 3caa1e6317 BUT soon realized that I can't use it on my 450 due to the steering dampner.. DOH! :oops: However, if anyone is interested, it will fit your 450 just fine.. The measurements are the same.

Sorry for the threadjack..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK... I wil screw it off (can you say that without being misunderstood..?) in the weekend and see if there is anything that can reveal it's origin on the backside...

Ebbe

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Ebbe said:
OK... I wil screw it off (can you say that without being misunderstood..?) in the weekend and see if there is anything that can reveal it's origin on the backside...

Ebbe

No need anymore. I appreciate the offer though! See my edit above and that'll explain everything..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very nice. I'm in the process of building a 500T, also.
I like your VW, too. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Denmark ! 3rd generation Finn living in the US. At least my relatives are your neighbors !

THAT BIKE ! Jaw drop on that one ! I think my 550 will see a " manx " on it now. I really like all that you have accomplished with your vision of a way cool cafe.

finntwin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts