Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Honda riders! I'm Luke from southern CA and this year I've been getting my '72 CL450 on the road for the first time since 2003. It sat in a shed in South Dakota from then until last October when I picked it up and brought it back to SoCal with me. My dad bought it for me for $175 when I was 12, and I really only rode it one summer when I was 17 until it started persistently leaking oil. So far I've given it a carb rebuild, new tires, new battery, "new" tach, fresh fluids, a coat of paint and a few other minor mods to get the blinkers, brake light and starter working again, and it's become my errand running bike during the week. I've probably put just less than 100 miles on it this year, but so far so good!

72Honda.jpg

·
Registered
866 Posts
Welcome. Snap some pics of it out in the wild. its still too cold here in Canada and I am beginning to think summer will never come.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
What? You took your motorcycle out of South Dakota to live in California? I'll have to think about that while I shovel my way out to the shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Yeah I'll get some photos of it the next time I get it out of the sprawl here and onto some open road. Hope you and your bike get to warm up soon!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey JT, yes I'm hoping my bike likes the change in climate...I sure do! I miss the people of SD and obviously the lack of traffic, but I get a lot more nice days here to ride and work on my bike outside. You're in Lennox, huh? I used to work over in Canton so I made it through Lennox every once in awhile. Nice to know there's a vintage Honda or two cruising those highways back there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang, Jim, I just checked out your CB450 K5 links...that's a nice bike, and some valuable info for me the next time I have a bike issue!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, bigring, and there's so much to learn about these bikes. If I'd had a resource like this forum back when I first rode it, I might have known how to get that old oil leak fixed right away and it might not have sat in a shed for 15+ years. It's definitely fun to ride, and almost as fun to work on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts