Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just joined and this of course is my first post. With the help of a friend I acquired a 1971 CB350. It has had some major alterations in the past but good bones overall. Looking forward to learning about these bikes and the community. This is my second bike, I had a 1980 XR250 as a teen and that was many years ago. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'll.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow, now there's a dresser.

And welcome from Georgia.......enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My buddy sent me that same poster when he found the bike LOL... The new song is Purple Frame, Purple Frame.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
What are your plans?
wild is an understatement!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The plans are to head toward the Cafe Style and see how far I get. I am trying to figure out how to use the purple without having to do a complete strip. I have no intention of making a "SHOW" bike. But, not a totally grungy rat rod either. Someone put hours and hours into crafting the current vision and while I have my own thoughts, I kind of want to let the bike maintain some of its heritage . Wish me luck!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
this is going to be an interesting adventure... normally I'd yawn and say "another café racer project" but in this case, I'd agree wholeheartedly - have at it. Not overly fond of the design of the bike at the moment (no offense intended). be sure to start a project log and post plenty of pictures

·
Registered
686 Posts
^^^ Totally agree with Tom above! I like your ‚heritage‘ approach towards the bike although you‘re not happy with the design. I‘ll follow your project for sure.

Edit: I certainly wish you good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Guys. I realize that Cafe has been done and done again but since she is so far from stock and enough missing original pieces, less just might be more. Waiting for warm temps to get here so I can wrench without looking like papa smurf. Tom, I take no offense. Your free to dislike the final product too, :) Mine is a face only a mother could love. Can you tell me about the tank on your CL450 Build? I think a natty tank with some left over purple might look kind of interesting on mine. Are you leaving it as pictured? Did you clear coat it? Am I highjacking my own thread... ? Also what Bars are you using? I initially thought about clip-ons but my inverted camelesque physique might not want to be bent over that far....

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Mine is a face only a mother could love.
I can relate! :D

Can you tell me about the tank on your CL450 Build? ....Are you leaving it as pictured? Did you clear coat it? ...Also what Bars are you using? I initially thought about clip-ons but my inverted camelesque physique might not want to be bent over that far....
my tank is from Webike, a Japanese website with tons of parts for the popular Honda monkey bikes. It's a replica tank for an Ape 100, they sell it in primer and chrome as well as a few other colors I think, and it was only $99 as you see it. I did not clear it, the chrome is nice and it comes with a locking cap as well. I added the stickers on the sides (Honda CR450 replica stickers from the factory road race bike, bought from 4into1.com) and the "Preserve Nature" sticker on top came from them as well. I'm using my favorite low bar, replica CB400F bars from 4into1 as well. I had clip-ons on my drag bike back in the day but would never ride with them on the street, far too much weight/pressure on the wrists... can't speak to the camelesque physique though :lol:

Am I highjacking my own thread... ?
It's your thread - highjack away! sometimes threads with no real instructional purpose go quite haywire here, and it can be fun...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Tom,
Thank you for the websites. New resources are always good.

Your right, highjacking can be fun. Mikemill, never you mind about that comment. Café away with pride, I'll be on your heals. :p :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tom,
Thank you for the websites. New resources are always good.

Your right, highjacking can be fun. Mikemill, never you mind about that comment. Café away with pride, I'll be on your heals. :p :D
I’m just ribbing him haha. I have no cafe shame.

Btw nice ride! I am from Minnesota, Purple Power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts